practice. practice. practice. repeat weekly. I’m learning to adapt to the late nights of practices and added responsibilities (and soon, travel) that come with the beginning of the derby season. We had tryouts for our incoming meat class on Sunday, which is exciting (I’m a Mentee to two newbies); and hosting out-of-league skaters for a training camp this weekend. I slept surprisingly well for the boyfriend being out of town… likely because I. am. exhausted.
I’m also on 26 days without a drop of alcohol, so I’m all kinds of cranky. (FOUR MORE DAYS to meet my January goal!)
Oh, and that incident last night with cops responding to an intruder alarm at my neighbor’s house. When I was home overnight alone. o_O
It’s the quarterly Gallery Crawl tonight in downtown Pittsburgh! One of my favorite nights to explore the city and new exhibits (yes, even in 20 degree temps and a few inches of snow). New event this year: there’s a pop-up night market and curling session with Yelp and the Pittsburgh Curling Club.
Sunday is BOUT DAY!
52 books in 52 weeks:
I’m falling behind! I’m stuck on this book that is overly repetitive and extremely slow to read… and I should just QUIT already.
8. “I Want it Now! A Memoir of Life on the Set of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory” by Julie Dawn Cole
seven things, seven days:
1. Interviewing two “hot” jewelry designers for a client – so exciting!
2. Refreshed, new hair color. *ahhh*
3. Brunch at Verde is my new fave. We checked it out as part of Pittsburgh Restaurant Week specials.
4. Found TWO different unused gift cards: Sephora and Old Navy (woo-hoo!)
5. Shopped two sports bras, a yoga tank and a BRIGHT track jacket with balance on Old Navy card.
6. Was nominated for league’s rookie award at our banquet a couple weekends ago. I didn’t win, but so proud and honored. I love my leaguemates.
7. Two weeks until California! (Can you believe it’s been over 20 years since I’ve last visited?)