Completed my first week of no alcohol, which was difficult, considering tryouts nerves! BUT I found out last night that I made the team! WOO! And also means I’M GOING TO CALIFORNIA! More on that later…
This “12 cognitive biases that prevent you from being rational” story is all the more important when getting a pang of flight anxiety again.
After three days of minimal sleep (by no means my own fault; I was in bed… but just no sleep happened), I woke up this morning feeling sick. I’m trying to relax and push through, so that I can see Spank! (a parody of 50 Shades of Gray) tonight with a friend. Sober. I’m expecting it to be hilarious, especially given that I’ve never read the book and only the Tumblr making fun of it.
Saturday night, we have our annual derby awards banquet. This event calls for a date with my sequin pants!
For my Pittsburghers: check out Saturday’s Mascot Skate at Schenley Park.
52 books in 52 weeks:
The Perks of Being a Wallflower (#7) – I read this entire book in less than 4 hours (across 2 days). I was bored at first and really didn’t want to go further (you know, stop before I get too attached to the story). But the character development was quick, and I was hooked. But I’m still confused by a few parts — one, especially an integral part of the story that I seemed to miss (I don’t want to spoiler!)… so I probably need to re-read it. On sale for $3.99 for Kindle at Amazon!
seven things, seven days:
1. Received all my transfer info from another school choice. This admission process requires a personal essay. And my ACT test results (from 18 years ago). Yikes.
2. I think we might have finally found an antique black slate mantel for the living room fireplace (via Craigslist)! Going to look at it this weekend. Cross your fingers!
3. This weekend I’ll be crafting some decorations for my friends bridal shower next weekend. I can’t wait to see my ideas all pulled together.
4. Check this out: HomeEC e-courses! I’m definitely signing up for a refresher “learn to sew” program. Remember those days when HomeEC was a required class in high school?! Just me then?
5. I’m totally in Decorating Mode. And super psyched to see HomeGoods boards on Pinterest.
6. Finding a “behind-the-neck” bra for a sleeveless, high-neck shirt is impossible. Bra shopping is my biggest nightmare, but there has to be SOMETHING. The shirt is white, I cannot go braless… unless I find a tank that’s cut the same way.
7. Author Hugo Schwyzer says empathy can be learned. Thoughts?
Photo credit: HelloFresh via Tumblr