I don’t even know how one person can be sick for this long. What started as the flu — and went away — is now some kind of cold. And it is LINGERING. I suppose that I should be thankful that those dry cough episodes at night have ceased. The little things… but it’s totally throwing me off my game — and my workout schedule.
I usually kill my cold with lots of Vitamin C and Zinc. These new Hall’s Zinc & Echinachea drops have totally helped the sore and dry throat.
And you can’t beat three cuddly cats who want to snuggle in the warm bed all day.
Now pass me a tissue, please.
Besides some necessary work to catch up on, this weekend we’re attending an anti-baby-shower baby shower, followed by a dinner of Mexican proportions with friends of ours who recently engaged. So much excitement and celebration happening around us. (Maybe one day we’ll finally have our housewarming.) Naturally, I have no idea what to wear.
I’m the worst kind of procrastinator — I’m procrastinating on my procrastinating!! — and it’s certainly something I need help with. I filed for a tax extension, which expires on the 15th. They’re “done,” they just need to be filed and paid. PROCRASTINATOR: YOU MUST BE STOPPED! So add that to my weekend To Do list.
seven things, seven days:
1. Hot Toddies and apple crisp (with ice cream, natch) for Friday lunch pick-me-up? Best decision EVER this week.
2. Does anyone have a greater tendency to bake or crave sweets when sick? Because I’m making these pumpkin doughnut muffins on Sunday (thanks, Brown Eyed Baker!). Having a mid-week S’mores treat was fun and delicious too.
3. I found a fun Halloween costume… but I’m not sure that we have any party plans this year. Outside of passing out POUNDS of candy at our house! (so. many. kids.)
4. Also trying to plan the boyfriend’s upcoming birthday. I had one idea, but we couldn’t make a mid-week travel schedule work. And he thinks he’s old now and doesn’t need birthdays, which means he needs to celebrate even more, of course. With alcohol.
5. Cursing Netflix for not having “It’s a Funny Kind of Story” on Instant. It’s been on my must-watch list for too long. I’m not much of a movie person, but when you’re sick and recovering, you need things to pass the time.
6. I have no idea why I’m dreaming of a road trip, when I JUST RETURNED from a long weekender to Vermont (and have been sick since). That was a brutal ride in a 12-passenger van, however.
7. IT’S FALL, PEOPLE! And I’m a brunette again.