Following the lead from This Mama Runs for Cupcakes, here are my answers to her Running Survey:
1. Would you rather run along a beach path or on a mountain trail?
I love the water but I hate the sand; my pick is for a mountain trail.
2. If you could choose the flavor of gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be?
Lemon-lime or GTFO. Also, I *hate* Gatorade, so anything else at the replenishment stations, please?
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you would purchase with it?
I know that I won’t be able to find new-old stock of my Ride 7s for too much longer, so I’ll put towards trying out a new pair of shoes.
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide then how far and how fast you want to run?
I definitely start with a plan, but let my body override and determine its course of action.
5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill?
End with the uphill. Am I in the minority on this?
6. When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do?
I do yoga and spinning and roller skating/derby.
7. What is your preference—> Out and back, point to point or loop runs?
It depends on if there’s a shuttle bus involved. (HA! And NO.) But seriously, loop runs are The Worst; I prefer an out and back, with point to point in second.
8. If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, it would be a—>
A Buddy Pouch! I’m impressed by how awesome this thing is and I do not feel it at all when running — so long as I’m wearing pants/capris. I wish for a smaller/lighter version to wear with shorts that doesn’t flop. New runners: ALWAYS carry some sort of ID on you and my bonus pro tip: if you live in the city, carry a bus pass!
9. Do you ever see any wild animals while out on your runs?
Does a white tiger at Nemacolin count?!
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run?
11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days… what would that meal be?
Chocolate milk (by post-workout must have!) and a sweet potato Eggs Benedict.
12. Capris or shorts… what do you run in most often?
I’m an all-weather runner but these lululemon speed shorts (I guess they’re only currently for sale in solid black) are seemingly part of my race day uniform.
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go?
Somewhere between Miles 4 and 5 are when I’m feeling my best for warm-up.
14. What do you do with your key when you run?
I have a lot of pockets in my gear (phone armband, water bottle, zippered pockets in my bottoms, key hole in my winter running gloves), but the block it pocket in the speed shorts is the best place where I don’t physically feel it and also feel that I won’t lose it.
15. If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one what it be?
The Niagara Falls International Marathon was an amazing experience for me, and I wish I could bottle up all of that awesomeness for future races.