Disclaimer: I received a free entry to the BTN Big 10K race as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find and write race reviews!
The BTN Big 10K and 5k is back in Chicago in Grant Park on a new date in 2017 — Sunday, July 23. This is THE race to express your serious fandom (Go Bucks!) and dress in your school colors and compete for your B1G Ten team. Since my training for my Ultra basically starts the following day, this race will be one heckuva kick-off to college football season and a fun way to kind of “end” my base building. Also, it features the ultimate post-race Fan Fest & Tailgate party!
Here are 10 B1G Reasons to Run:
1. While it’s not Ohio (O-H!), this course highlights many of Chicago’s landmarks.
2. Share your Team Pr1de on the course with fellow Buckeye fans
3. Scarlet & Gray school-specific performance race shirts…
5. AND OSU-specific finishers medals!
6. Your packet can be mailed out to you (for a small fee), so you can skip the Packet Pick-up lines
7. BTN on-air talent and former Big Ten player appearances
8. Photo opportunity with the Big Ten Championship trophy
9. Post-race tailgate with free food item and beer (21+) for runners
10. BRUTUS! (and those other mascots)
Bonus: BTN is looking for the most die-hard Big Ten fans at the BTN Big 10K! Post your most spirited photos on race day using the #BTNBig10K hashtag for your chance to win tickets to the 2018 Big Ten Football Championship game or the Men’s Basketball Tournament.
The BTN Big 10K takes place in Grant Park in Chicago, Illinois, on Sunday, July 23, 2017. For a bonus RAM Racing water bottle, use promo code BibRaveBTN17 at registration.